Supply Chain ManagerVoltijd Nieuw
Supply chain manager
Tony’s Open Chain is an industry-led initiative dedicated to empowering chocolate brands to revolutionize their cocoa supply chains and lead the way in sustainability. By becoming Mission Allies of Tony’s Open Chain, brands make a commitment to traceability, fair pricing by paying the living income reference price for cocoa, and fostering long-term partnerships with cooperative partners to uplift farmers and cultivate thriving cocoa communities.
To facilitate the participation of more Mission Allies in Tony’s Open Chain, we work with a range of cocoa sourcing- and trading partners that buy from our partner cooperatives in Ghana & Cote d’Ivoire, and we offer several chocolate processing partners for Mission Allies to choose from. All these partners, referred to as our Tony’s Open Chain Supply Network, invest in establishing fully segregated cocoa supply chains. This enables them to handle and process the segregated cocoa beans, cocoa mass, and cocoa butter of Tony’s Open Chain.
Among the esteemed Mission Allies who have already committed to sourcing cocoa through Tony’s Open Chain are Albert Heijn, ALDI, Jokolade, Vly Foods, The Flower Farm, PLUS, KoRo Source, and Ben & Jerry’s. Together, we are forging a path toward a more sustainable and ethical cocoa industry. Join us in making a difference through Tony’s Open Chain.
your role at tony’s
We are looking for a new Cocoa Supply Chain Manager to join the Tony’s Open Chain (TOC) team based in Amsterdam! Your #1 goal will be to optimise, build and manage our Tony’s Open Chain Supply Network. You will work closely with these partners to ensure in-time delivery of traceable TOC cocoa products for our Mission Allies (including Tony’s Chocolonely) and accurate payment of our TOC premiums to our partner cooperatives. You make sure we (over) deliver on our promise to them! By doing this, you manage the operational infrastructure that enables Tony’s Open Chain to reach its ambition to source 5% of the West-African bean market in the next 5 years.
We’re seeking a true innovator who can masterfully steer daily operations while championing the automation and scalability of our supply chain processes that will define the future of Tony’s Open Chain . If you’re a supply chain specialist yearning to make a mark in the chocolate industry with us, this is your moment. You will report directly to the Operations & DataLead for Tony’s Open Chain and have no direct reports.
Here is what you will do:
- Design and implement the supply chain model that can support the growth strategy for our TOC Supply Network.
- Ensure the supply chain network is set-up to meet future bean demand from our Mission Allies. You create short- and long-term demand outlooks and ensure we have sufficient supply capacity in our network to meet this demand.
- Build meaningful relationships with our current supply chain partners and onboard new ones.
- Design and optimise our three key processes so they’ll run smoothly when our volumes grow rapidly. These are our bean planning & monitoring process; a fully traceable flow of beans; and the collection and pay-out of our TOC premiums for our partner-cooperatives.
- Develop and manage the technical systems to automate the above-mentioned processes. Among this is our traceability system (Beantracker), which you manage together with our Beantracker Product Owner.
- Manage our annual bean planning & forecasting cycle smoothly with input from our supply chain partners and other members of team TOC. Monitor throughout the year if beans are delivered according to plan.
- Ensure our supply chain partners are trained to accurately input the traceability information in our traceability system.
- Invoice the Mission Allies their premium contribution and pay it out to our partner-cooperatives timely, in partnership with the finance team.
The ideal candidate:
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience, with at least 2 years in a related role or organization. This could include experience in sourcing, trading, planning, forecasting or exporting of cocoa or another commodity product like coffee, sugar, corn, wheat or milk.
- Experience in designing, improving and implementing operational processes.
- Ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams, collaborating with both internal and external business partners from diverse nationalities and backgrounds.
- You speak fluently English. French is a great plus.
- We are all about being more in person than apart; this means we offer flexibility but see each other in the Amsterdam office on average 3 days a week. More is fine!
- Raise the bar. Challenge yourself and team Tony’s to increase our ambition and to accomplish our mission.
- Believe wholeheartedly in Tony’s mission. You live our core values: outspoken, willful, entrepreneurial and makes you smile.
Sounds like you?
Are you passionate about making a difference in the world? Look no further! If you’re ready to take the chocolate industry to new heights with us, we’d love to hear from you! Please send your direct application, no agencies. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Everybody is welcome to apply. From classics to limited editions, we know that different flavours make life more inspiring. And not just in our chocolate assortment. At Tony’s, we welcome everyone with equal enthusiasm – regardless of race, colour, age, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, disability or veteran status. Crazy about chocolate, serious about people.