Your role at Tony’s
We are looking for a new Store Manager (Store Captain) to join our team in Amsterdam! Your #1 goal is to create an attractive and impactful environment in two of our Tony’s Stores, so the store team can give our customers (choco fans) the best retail experience they’ve ever experienced! You get to be the one managing two direct reports (Co-Captains) and inspiring about 25 store employees (Super Stars).
We’re looking for an experienced store manager with a proven track record in increasing store revenues and running a profitable business with a P&L responsibility. Your expertise will help us building an effective and engaged team and raise the bar in operational excellence. You will manage our own Tony’s store in the center of Amsterdam (De Beurs van Berlage) and our newest store at Schiphol Airport. You will be part of the team Experience and directly report to the E-Commerce and Direct Sales Lead. This is a fantastic opportunity for a retail professional who wants to take a lead on building a revolutionary customer experience and making serious impact in the chocolate industry!
What you will do:
- Create an attractive, fun, safe, and efficient work environment where the Store team can perform in the best way possible. You will be the one building, motivating, and coaching the Store team, and setting priorities.
- Increase profitability by creating and executing a plan to drive more sales, including training and coaching of the team, monitoring and analyzing sales results, and creating long-term financial forecasting and strategic growth plans.
- Create a unique instore flow that brings across Tony’s mission and delivers an unforgettable Tony’s brand experience. You make sure that the customers can hear and learn about our mission in an impactful way, enjoy tasting experiences to try our new innovations, and share their experiences afterwards in social media.
- Make sure that the stores run as smoothly as possible, while continuously seeking for impactful improvements. You will support the Co-Captains in managing the inventory forecast and planning. You are the main point of contact for De Beurs van Berlage location, and you collaborate with the fellow Tony who is responsible for our Schiphol client.
The ideal candidate:
- Experience in building and managing high performing retail store teams in the Netherlands. Leading by example and gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Expertise in increasing sales and profitability by creating effective and innovative instore strategies. Experience in building solid customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions that exceed expectations.
- Believe wholeheartedly in Tony’s mission. You live our core values: outspoken, willful, entrepreneurial and makes you smile.
- Raise the bar. Challenge yourself and team Tony’s to increase our ambition and to accomplish our mission. Make mistakes along the way and learn from them.
- You’re keen to work 5 days per week from our store locations, with flexibility to be available in the evenings and weekends.
- Fluent language skills in Dutch and English to be able to communicate with the international store team and local customers.
Sounds like you?
Are you passionate about making a difference in the world? Look no further! If you’re ready to take the chocolate industry to new heights with us, we’d love to hear from you! Please send your direct application, no agencies. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Everybody is welcome to apply. From classics to limited editions, we know that different flavours make life more inspiring. And not just in our chocolate assortment. At Tony’s, we welcome everyone with equal enthusiasm – regardless of race, colour, age, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, disability or veteran status. Crazy about chocolate, serious about people.