Factory Manager in Ghana
We are looking for an operations manager with technical knowledge in a factory. Are you the person with this knowledge please read further
You better sit down for this
We are The Good Roll makers of 100% European recycled paper. Our mission: Safe and clean toilets for everyone! That is why we use 50% of our net profit to construct toilets in various countries in Africa.
The Good Roll originated from a collective frustration. There are 2.3 billion people worldwide who do not have access to safe and clean toilets, this is one third (!) of the world’s population. In addition, 27,000 trees are cut down every day to produce toilet paper.
We started to build the factory in Ghana to make our own toilet paper of bamboo. To help more local people to work. Nowadays there a working 60 employees in the factory. In around 5 month we are going to start building a 5 times bigger factory. To make toilet paper from bamboo is more sustainable, the quality of the bamboo is, and we are there to change the chain.
What are you going to do?
We are looking for a factory manager who has knowledge of a factory. It is a pre when you have experiences in a paper factory. You are the problem solver and the person with positive energy. You are reporting on daily base to the mother company in Holland. You are responsible for the daily operations. In the coming months/years we are going to build a new factory and we are starting in January with this process. In this phase you will also help with building the factory. You are the leader together with the operations manager for the factory. There is a team of 4 people going together to Ghana at the same time.
What do we expect?
- Experience for +/- 4 years in the function of a maintenance and operations manager;
- Experience as an operational manager in a factory (paper factory would be great);
- Refine the value and culture of the country and the company;
- Fluent written and spoken English is the key;
- Daily management and reporting;
- You are a problem solver, strong in communication, you are hands on and you have a positive energy;
- Technical and construction knowledge.
What can you expect?
- Market conform salary;
- We will arrange your traveling, Visa and a house to stay;
- Trust to grow in your function;
- Employment conditions from the Netherlands.